Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Peterhead 0 - 2 Aberdeen

HT Score: Peterhead 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Aberdeenshire Cup Semi Final
Aberdeen scorers: McLeod, McLeod.

24/01/1914 | KO:

Reserves For County Final - Scene at Peterhead

Aberdeen reserves visited Peterhead on Saturday, and met the local team in the semi-final of the Aberdeenshire Cup. Luckily, much interest was manifested in the tie, and the crowd numbered close on 1000.

Peterhead lost the toss, and kicked off from the pavilion end. The forwards when right for Barclay, but were repulsed. Milne was proof against all-comers during a hot Aberdeen attack, and saved gallantly. Something of a scrimmage appeared to take place close in front of Barclay, and from the press-box it was not possible to see what actually occurred. Partly, grasping the ball, was seen to fall with the sphere still in its hands, but a confident appeal by Peterhead that the ball was over the line was disallowed by the referee. This somewhat nettled the spectators. Aberdeen showed up well, and Brown sent over a fine cross, which McLeod got on the 18 yards line and netted in fine style. Brown, who was playing well on the right, shortly afterwards struck the crossbar with a grand shot. Play was of an up and down nature for the remainder of the first half.

The second half opened briskly. For the first 20 minutes a hard contest was witnessed. Peterhead did their best to equalise, but were well held by the Aberdeen defence. Midway through the half McLeod brilliantly converted a grand cross from Keith. This was all the scoring.


As soon as the whistle blew full time, there was a rush on the part of the younger members of the spectators towards the pavilion. The referee was surrounded, but reached the pavilion in safety. The crowd lingered in the vicinity of the pavilion and shouted for the referee, but the presence of a body of police kept them in order. The dissatisfied people still kept some Jing around the pavilion fence, but we're very quiet. A slight demonstration of feeling was shown on the visitors leaving the pavilion, and the referee was "convoyed" by a posse of police from the grounds to his hotel. The presence of the police checked what looked a menacing situation.

Source: Aberdeen Daily Journal, 26th January 1914

Peterhead Teamsheet
Milne; G. Milne, Thomson; Bruce, Davidson, Webster; Imlah, Geddes, Bisset, G. Mitchell, W. Mitchell
Attendance: 1,000
Venue: Recreation Park, Peterhead
Referee: Mr F. Ewing, Aberdeen
Next Match
27 Apr 2024 / 15:00 / Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen